Take a deep breath and delve into the pits of our being, come and learn with the best!
Opened in 2016, Tebogo Kgobokoe Arts Academy (TKAA) is a first of its kind specialized dance education system, offered to artistically talented students from Grade R to Grade 12. TKAA has uncompromising academic standards from the international curriculum and offers five compulsory dance styles, examined by international dance bodies. This facilitates a seamless transition into the international dance and education arena for our students as they exit with world recognized qualifications.
The Tebogo Kgobokoe Arts Academy is founded by the Principal Miss Tebogo Kgobokoe, world renowned Dance icon, business woman and strong advocate for sustainability of careers and business in the Arts. She has over 25 years’ experience in the Arts industry and the Academy is a legacy that will bring a paradigm shift in the way the arts, in particular Dance is taught in Africa.
Miss Kgobokoe remains the undefeated South African Professional Ballroom Champion, she has been the undefeated Latin American South African Champion seven consecutive times and a world class professional Latin American Finalist.
Additionally, she is trained and educated in Lyrical/ Disco, Contemporary, Ballet, Traditional Setswana dance (including singing), Afro-fusion and Spanish. Having qualified as a dance teacher at the age of 16, she is an acclaimed Dance coach, adjudicator and choreographer and has produced World Champion Latin American and Ballroom dancers in South Africa and abroad.
To become an academy of choice for artistic learners, offering quality arts and academic training in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Rethinking the education of future scholars and artists to meet the needs of the 21st century, particularly the need for deep historical knowledge of diverse cultures at home and abroad and for effective use and new development of powerful technology for communication and creativity.
- To nurture the discipline of dance and the creation of new knowledge and artistic expression in response to a rapidly changing world.
- Constructing a new arts and academic center whose spaces, flexible configuration, and technological resources will initiate, promote, and sustain the core elements of this vision and will set the standard for vibrant cross-disciplinary intellectual communities.
- Expanding opportunities for all of our students to acquire a nuanced understanding of the world as a place of difference and diversity across time and cultures, through increased participation in study abroad and international internships and other educational programs that promote global awareness;
- Leading the nation in production of well-rounded citizenry, whose academic acumen can transcend creative expression to new ways of studying the past, comprehending the present, and imagining the future.
‘Natura artis magistra’ – Nature is the teacher of art and science.
Talent without limits!
We value love, faith, hope, passion, hard work, learning and holistic development through creative expression.
To create a niche Study Centre for the arts which offers indigenous dance genre.
To produce versatile, highly trained dance learners.
To reach out to communities and other African states through outreach programs.
To build relationships with leading international schools of performing arts and production houses.
To promote the arts as a viable and sustainable career path for further higher education and vocation.